Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our return policy - Part 2

Today there was an incident that I had to add to the original "Our return policy". Still upset with the issue, but I am hoping that by posting what has happened, I can get an opinion on whether what I have done is correct or not.

A customer wish to have a refund because the item fell on the floor. Some how the item fell out of the plastic wrap. What I found strange is that the item is made of Pyrex glass and how can it drop on the floor? Wouldn't anyone place the box on top of a desk or table and then open the box? 

How ever the item fell, the customer threw the item in the garbage right away. The customer blames us for not sealing the item in the package correctly, but I am not the manufacture so I have no control on how they seal the item. Also, I inform them that we do not sell used items. I refuse to sell used item. Any return items are destroyed because take I take hygiene seriously. Even a deck of cards are destroyed because I don't know what the other person have done with those cards.

Even our return policy (item number 6) clearly states that we will not refund used item. Here is the quote from our return policy and hope that someone can give me their opinion if it is clear or not.
"6) No refund will be made for products that are opened & used or not in resalable or received in damaged condition (only be determined by us or our appointed third party or shipping company)."

 Is this clear?

Customer also wants a refund for their trouble. The item is in the garbage and unable to return to it. I would be glad to give them a refund, but I would like to have that item back as proof that they did not sell it. The customer said, "customers are always right and my job is to keep them happy and to ensure future business". I also agree with what the customer says, but how do I know that this is not a scam? They buy something from me (let say $25.00), receive the item, sell the item ($15.00), and wants a refund from me. If I refund them, they made $15.00 and I am out $25.00. Now image that every customer I have is doing this. I might as well give pay people to order products from me. 

By having the item return will prevent this from happening. It has nothing to do with reselling. As I stated before, I will never sell used item. It is a preventive thing.

This customer claims that they have a small business and they would refund the client even though the item have not been returned. I personally do not believe that this customer owns a business. I would like anyone to name a company that would refund a person without a return item.


So folks, please give me your honest opinion on this situation. Am I wrong in refusing the refund without the return item?

No comments:

Post a Comment